• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Harmonizer

Last run.......will there be more made?:eat

This thread was helpful to me. I thought the Harmonizer was dead. After reading one of the early posts I went to their site, ordered and took delivery last week. I'll be putting my twinmax up for sale.

give a man a fish, he eats for a day. teach him to fish, he eats for a lifetime.

some enable the former, others encourage the latter.

Steve, hope you figured out how to get your line into the water on your own.

give a man a fish, he eats for a day. teach him to fish, he eats for a lifetime.

some enable the former, others encourage the latter.

Steve, hope you figured out how to get your line into the water on your own.

That is very true. But it is also important to remember the manner in which one chooses to give and to teach.

I know from long experience in unintentionally pissing people off for no good reason that just typing and hitting "send" is a bad idea. Email and posting can be such a lousy form of communication if you don't actually know the person on the receiving end! Well, it sure has been for me anyway...

Now I try to re-read what I have typed and spend one moment imagining I am the reader, not the typist. Just sayin...

Google shmoogle - I'll spoonfeed this one...

so nobody starts reading the harmonizer thread backwards:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701625

Watch the first post in the thread. Grok keeps it updated with availability and future availability info. He doesn't do preorders so you need to order when they become available. read the post - it has the answers.

I feel your pain

Grok won't have any more until January 15 th. I shoulda ordered one.

I missed sell outs 2 times IIRC before I got my order in. Relax and wait it out. It will be worth the wait.
I even bookmarked the 1st page of Grok's post to check when the resupply date came near.

In the event you did not know...

...the Harmonizer's are available and on sale again. The sale began on 8 March and they are going like hot cakes. I got mine, finally.

Good luck.

Scot

Used It Today!

I've had a Twinmax for a couple seasons and it works fine.

But I decided to give the Harmonizer a try. It's a terrific product. Easy and intuitive to use with an RPM readout as part of the balancing display. Where the Twinmax needle wiggles at low rpm, the Harmonizer is steady.

My Twinmax is in the Fleamarket at a good price for anyone interested.

I bought a harmonizer on a recent production run and just had the opportunity to use it. Having used a twinmax for the last few years, I can say that this is a huge improvement. I am a fair mechanic and have a 2003 R1150RS that has always surged slightly even with a booster plug and a pretty much perfect valve adjustment.
The harmonizer is easy to use and gives great feedback. After adjusting the throttle bodies with it, I have a completely surge free bike and also had the easiest time doing the adjustment that I have ever had.
Best tool ever!

I got mine way back in the very early days.
I had been informed about it when it was in R&D and could have got a tester beta model. However, I left that to those with greater ideas about the concept of the whole issue.
I was impressed with the R&D & knowledge and use and testing that went into it. So I figured it would work good when it was generally available.
It does.
And I do not believe anyone ever had any complaint about it whatsoever, other than they are difficult to purchase, if your timing is not right.
It's like the difference between an adding machine and a computer. Or perhaps an abacus and a computer.
Once you get one you ain't never gonna go back.
dc

I was just going to start a new thread on this topic. But I will try this one. Again. The original question on this thread was 'Where do I buy one?'. I can't see on the three pages it has run to, that the question has yet to be answered. I see everyone loves the tool, I see they go in and out of production, I see people get them when they become available, but I what I don't see, is where people go to buy them. Yes, I checked the adventure rider forum that was posted here. Anyone checked that? There is about 50 lines of print, every spec for the tool, everything you would want to know about it, except... how to buy it. No email address, no regular address, no phone number. Nothing. I have spent a good deal of time "googling it" and still no address. For the sake of canceling out this whole discussion, anyone want to publish 'Groks' actual address, or some way to contact him? I might actually buy this tool if I can get that. Of course that probably depends heavily if Grok is in his garage whipping another batch up. Is there a tool of comparable quality that is made by an actual company, one that produces the item on a regular basis? It would be simpler. And yes, I already own a TwinMax.

Back