• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Newbie question about searching forum

steve1200rt

When I search "headlight broken clip", I see posts that do NOT have the word "headlight" in them. How do I get the forum search engine to look for posts that have all three keywords somewhere in the thread?

Or am I doing it right and I just have to read hundreds of posts?

thanks,
steve

When I search "headlight broken clip", I see posts that do NOT have the word "headlight" in them. How do I get the forum search engine to look for posts that have all three keywords somewhere in the thread?

Or am I doing it right and I just have to read hundreds of posts?

thanks,
steve
Welcome to the forum Steve. Yeah you have it right. Common words generate a lot to look through. You may have a better chance if you post your question in the Hexhead/Camhead section of the Tech forum. Again welcome, enjoy the forum. Gary

Searching the forum

Thanks, Gary.

In the past hour or so, I've learned that a google search is more effective than a search in the BMWMOA forum. It sounds like the BMWMOA forum is incapable of doing a logical AND search of keywords; it can only do logical OR searches. If true, the BMWMOA forum won't be my "tool of choice" when I need to research a question.

btw . . . it's starting to appear that the $1.98 headlight spring clip that broke today, while replacing the bulb, will cost me $658.62 for the assy from the dealer! If so, I've done my last search for things BMW!

steve

I am fairly sure that it will not turn out to be that much. I don t have a 1200rt, but i d like to. If you decide that the fix is too much money i ll give you 1200 dollars for that that defective bike... That's 1 dollar per cc. Just let me know.

Back