• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

experience with Touratech Upper Crash bars 2012 R1200GS

wb5plj

Hi,
I just got an put on a set of Touratech upper crash bars for my 2012 R1200GS and was wondering if anyone else had a set. I encountered two things I am bothered by.

First is that it took everything I had to get the clamps on around the lower crash bars. (also Touratech) I ended up having to put a strap on the upper bar and run it around my back and around my left shoulder so that I could put my full pressure on it to get the bar into place to get the clamp on. this is concerning to me. I would of course want them to be tight but what if I have to take them off? which is my second point.

I can't get the plastic cover (at least the one on the right) off with the bars in place. amongst other things this means that I won't be able to easily replace my air filter.

does anyone else have these is this experience similar to yours? or are mine bent.

thanks

Back