• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Paint options

Which color?

• All black

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Black and Arctic white

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Black and Dover white

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • other

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My 1988 R100RT is Bermuda Blue (I think) , I really love the color .

I have an 88 R100RT in Bermuda Blue as well. Dark metallic blue is one favorite colors. And, it seems that every 88 RT I come across is Bermuda Blue. Did they make any RT's in other colors for that year? :dunno

Kurt, I suppose I put "other" on there to gauge the level of repulsion surrounding the black and white scheme. The paint on the replacement fairing is so good, that it isn't going anywhere. Realisticly, the only options are all black or 2 tone.

Kurt, I suppose I put "other" on there to gauge the level of repulsion surrounding the black and white scheme. The paint on the replacement fairing is so good, that it isn't going anywhere. Realisticly, the only options are all black or 2 tone.

OK, in that case, I change my vote to all black. But do put the decals back on or at least pinstripe it.

Kurt, I suppose I put "other" on there to gauge the level of repulsion surrounding the black and white scheme. The paint on the replacement fairing is so good, that it isn't going anywhere. Realistically, the only options are all black or 2 tone.

The question that comes to my mind is what's the condition of the white paint on the rest of the bike? You said the black paint is in good condition. If the white paint is also in good condition, then it comes down to cost in my book. Is it cheaper to paint the black fairing white or the rest of the bike in black? Now if the white paint is in terrible condition, then I would go all black. That's my $0.02 on the issue.

Back