• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R100GS rear final drive rubbing the hub

arptra

I just bought a 100gs and noticed the rear wheel hub is rubbing my final drive a little,, removed the wheel and everything seams ok. is there supposed to be a spacer there?

I don't know what year or model 100gs you have but the tire size looks right. For the 87 to 90 100GS there is no spacer shown on the parts fiche. Suggest you take a look at the parts fiche to determine what is on your specific year and model to make sure though.

Go here: http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/PartsFiche.aspx

Select your specific model and check the Wheels section. It's all in there. If all the right parts are there hopefully someone with more gs knowledge will chime in shortly.

it didnt show spacer on my 89 but I had some parts from a guy and he said it was for running a bigger tire. Any way it moved it out a fraction and is obviously all it needed,, lugs may not have been tight, I removed it with air.

Back