• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Ability to "Like" posts

MarkM

All-round Motorcyclist
How about enabling the ability to "Like" posts? I'm on other forums with that capability that also use vBulletin just like the MOA forum, so I assume it's an option. It's a nice feature to let people know you appreciate their posts and would cut down on "+1" type posts.

Sorry, but I don't see that as a feature in the vBulletin settings. I've looked a bit and don't see anything that pertains to that. I'll poke around some more, but it seems to be hidden or maybe not available with our version. We're not running the latest and greatest at this point.

Thanks to those who did the work to fix the recent problem, which apparently included upgrading vBulletin. Did that include the ability to "like" posts? If not, I guess that must be an add-on.

I've not seen the "Like" ability with this new forum upgrade. If anyone has experience on other VB forums, please drop a link and I'll go check it out.

I don't really see the point of it.

I like that thought. Or actually agree with it. I always find "odd" that someone on Facebook may post they're sick or a relative has passed and seeing all the "likes"! People say it's just a way to acknowledge and sympathize. Then change if from "like" to something else or take the time to actually type something instead of just clicking the like button.

I've not seen the "Like" ability with this new forum upgrade. If anyone has experience on other VB forums, please drop a link and I'll go check it out.

Some versions of VB have a "Thanks" button.
If someone posts a good tip or took the time to write a trip report, you can hit the "Thanks" button if you don't want to make a comment.

Back