• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

iPod/Androd Bluetooth to BMW Communication System

sfarson

Hey, quick question. I've paired my new in-helmet BMW COMM system to the bike radio/nav and can hear the audio through the in helmet speakers. Tonight in the living room I've paired my iPod Touch 5 and Droid phone to the BMW COMM system, but when I play a tune on the iPod or the Droid, the music isn't sent to the helmet speakers. They stay with the device.

How do I get the music sent to the helmet speakers? I've tried pushing the mode button twice to switch from phone to music, but the playing music from both devices connected/paired with my helmet remain with the device. Thanks for any help.

All that should just work together without hassle right? Well, welcome to the world of system integration!

There are several threads here that deal with this. Look for SRC or Cardo Scala in the title.

Contact Cardo support too, they are pretty responsive, but, you are likely going to be told they don't have a solution yet.

One likely problem is the iPod touch is seen as a phone, and only one phone is allowed.

Not at all sure you even should be able to connect all of your units simultaneousely - check with Cardo.

The general deal is phone paired to GPS, GPS paired to helmet. Then, MP3 to helmet. Even then there might be problems, depending on what version of Cardo is in your helmet. SRC uses G4, and BMW helmet is bascically an SRC item. See other threads, but the A button might help to reconnect music after a phone call.

Frustrating for all of us.

Last resort: use the cord to connect the Touch to the helmet.

Thanks Ed. Have learned what the issue is. The BMW Comm system has limited capacity to the number of paired devices it can handle (receive content from). When the pairing to the Radio/GPS is deleted, then it can receive content directly from other sources, like an iPod, Droid, etc.

Thanks Ed. Have learned what the issue is. The BMW Comm system has limited capacity to the number of paired devices it can handle (receive content from). When the pairing to the Radio/GPS is deleted, then it can receive content directly from other sources, like an iPod, Droid, etc.

Yeah, every bluetooth device wants to be "control central" -- The Garmin Zumo has two bluetooth radios in it. One talks to the phone, the other talks to your bluetooth headset and the Zumo handles the link.

I don't know if any bluetooth headsets have more than one bluetooth radio in them, I threw mine all on the ground 8 years ago and stomped on them in frustration. You would think this stuff would have been sorted out by now, but personally, I'm sticking with a wired autocom headset. It's a betrayal of my geeky ham radio self, but I just want something that works reliably.

Yeah, every bluetooth device wants to be "control central" -- The Garmin Zumo has two bluetooth radios in it. One talks to the phone, the other talks to your bluetooth headset and the Zumo handles the link.

I don't know if any bluetooth headsets have more than one bluetooth radio in them, I threw mine all on the ground 8 years ago and stomped on them in frustration. You would think this stuff would have been sorted out by now, but personally, I'm sticking with a wired autocom headset. It's a betrayal of my geeky ham radio self, but I just want something that works reliably.

Your stomping tale reminds me of a manager who once was so frustrated with his computer printer not printing, picked up the printer, raised it over his head, then slammed it to the floor. Yikes!

I'm not that up to speed on the bluetooth thing, but I figured the BMW Comm System would be like the system with my Jeep. I have multiple bluetooth devices paired to it and switch between them seamlessly, sending content to/through the stereo. With the BMW Comm, if I want to receive content from a newly paired device I first need to delete the existing pairing.

Back