• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A new riderless BMW in your future?

A friend is into John Deere tractors big time. I mean REALLY big time! Green truck, green JD cap, green JD jacket, green whatever, etc. You get the idea. He showed me a photo of a new JD tractor that operates without a driver. It's all GPS controlled. There's no controls for an on-board operator or driver. You sit at your kitchen table in your jammies with a cup of coffee and your laptop and control everything from there. You could till the fields or plant all night without missing a minutes sleep. Say someone tries to steal your tractor? It ain't gona' happen! Someone tries to tamper with it, it shuts itself down and calls you, "Help! Some fool is trying to steal me! Help, come quick!"
Cool, right? Now let's go one step further. What if BMW or Harley or whoever developed something like this? You can sit at your kitchen table and go for a virtual ride using your camera on the front to see the sights and a camera out back to see where you just came from. Think of it this way, no more speeding tickets, no more riding in the rain, no more cold paws for not having hand warmers, no more sore butt, no more packing and unpacking. You could go on Iron Butt rallys without loosing the sleep. Maybe a couple of IB's back to back. Your GPS controlled bike could go to rallys without you bothering to leave the house. You could get your grass cut. Go to little league games and yell at the umpire without missing the rally. No more packing and unpacking, setting up camp in a wind storm or breaking camp in the rain. The MOA office could be run via GPS! No more full time staff. The possibilities are endless. Yes, I know you are going to say all this snow and cold weather has me in delusions. Probably. Bob as in 1964R60/2Bob

Golly Bob it's early in the winter and it's already got you bad.........Ya, you could even send your bike down to your dealer to pick up some stuff for you.....then no matter how bad you were snowed in you could always get the intelligence level up to post even more in depth thoughts.............God bless......Dennis

REAL BMW's

Dennis, I'm safe there because everyone knows REAL BMW's have 6-volt electrical systems and BMW quit building bikes after 1969. As far as I know there are no 6-volt GPS's. Bob as in 1964R60/2Bob

Could be a great way to rack up miles. Need to figure out a way to gas itself up.

What if BMW or Harley or whoever developed something like this? You can sit at your kitchen table and go for a virtual ride using your camera on the front to see the sights and a camera out back to see where you just came from. Think of it this way, no more speeding tickets, no more riding in the rain, no more cold paws for not having hand warmers, no more sore butt, no more packing and unpacking.

We already have this. It's called YouTube. I did the Isle of Man TT just this morning while drinking my coffee.

We already have this. It's called YouTube. I did the Isle of Man TT just this morning while drinking my coffee.

yep you tube'd my best time yet on Deals Gap.
Then took down a platoon of evil russians
Then my Druid killed a dungeon boss.

Gas? We don't need no stinkin' gas!

Actually we don't have to worry about gasoline. Electric vehicles are all over the place now. We will just charge up the BMW battery and run, oh say, a couple of hundred miles and be back home with still half a charge.

Back