• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Practicing Riding in the Rain

Deliberately going out into rain to 'practice' riding in the rain to me is like cutting yourself with a knife, to 'practice' your response, pain endurance, and healing processes.
dc

The Gunny always told us that pain was weakness leaving the body! :scratch

I've often heard folks down in Texas were a bit different... :laugh

Up here it rains so often if you avoid riding in it you give up half your riding season.

Last spring we rode in 19 consecutive days of rain in the Pacific northwest and British Columbia. It was so many days in a row that I actually celebrated when I needed to find my sun glasses again. I don't need or intend to go practice.

Where we live we get a few rainy days a year. When it happens we usually pop a beer top and sit on the porch laughing.

I mean deliberately going out to ride in the rain just for grins equates to getting several colonoscopies just for grins.

My experience is that the colonoscopies were pretty anticlimactic. Sedation is gooooood. On the other hand, the day-before prep was like sitting on spikes while going for a ride in drilling quarter-sized hail.

IF? this thread? has any? possible utility, perhaps? we have encouraged? someone?,maybe even just that one? lucky ?soul?:brow, to go get checked? , via PG's "encouragement?":bow? I've had mine this summer so that shoe doesn't fit.But, it's the thought that counts...

P.S. Do people grin under sedation?:)

Last week I spent four days riding and camping in the rain and everything was fine. Three days after I returned to civilization I started coming down with a cold, so now I'm sitting around coughing and hacking.

I guess I should have stayed out in the rain.

Back