• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"Ride of Your Life" contest is bogus

OfficerImpersonator

Seattle-area Rounder
Today I see the MOA home page prominently advertises BMW Motorrad - Germany's contest "Ride of Your Life".

The MOA has also posted the link to the contest entry web page on the MOA's page on Facebook.

The only problem with all of this is that the website to enter the contest - and to submit the essays required of entrants - is in German, and BMW has done something to their web page that prevents Google Translate from translating the web page into English.

Since I ride German, but don't speak German, MOA encouragement to enter the contest is simply cruel and inhumane.

Can anyone get BMW to provide a version of the webpage in English so those of us who don't speak the language of the Fatherland can have a chance at spending five months riding around the planet on BMW's dime?

http://www.bmwmoa.org/news/ride_stories/ride_of_your_life

Ride of MY Life

Thank you, Mr. Twenty Seventy Seven Four. I went through the process of translating everything from German to apply, THEN I saw your research results. Very exciting and the motivation to go on this trip made the translation easier.

Thank you

I tried to do the German application last night and was stumped. Then saw this today. Thank you! Now just to win . . . . .

Back