• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Riding

Really?

Well you were the one talking about poor people, so I guess it was my perception that you were projecting your own views. But you were REALLY talking about the media reports on poor folks' bad health? Must a missed all that news somehow, myself. Guess you got that one up on me. Must be your access to that "elite" media reporting you seem so eager to share with us. I would never have realized that Marion, VA is so advanced as to even HAVE "elite" media- we just have plain old newspapers, and radio and TV stations. And again, I don't know Marion. Maybe every single citizen there is the absolute picture of health. But up here in good ol Pennsyltuckey, you don't need a radio, TV or newspaper to tell you that most of your neighbors are unhealthy. Nor do you need them to tell you it's pretty much universal, and not specific to any one "class" of people.

An interesting conversation, not sure how much it has to do with "riding"? However, I think you have missed the elephant in the room. I suggest that you give some serious thought to the fact that the "industrial food producers" are the main customers of the "chemical industry", as the chemical industry has found ways for the food industry to use chemical byproducts that would normally be costly to dispose of. These chemicals, and now add to that the GMOs, have been finding their way into our food supply for years now. Now add to the fact that our health care (or lack there of) industry has developed to be a profit focused industry that only makes it's money by treating sickness and doing "procedures" rather than working to keep people healthy. We as a country have been asleep at the switch while the huge corporate giants have been developing, with the help of our own governments, these industries that are making the upper 1% wealthy, while making the rest of us sick. What a great environment for the insurance companies to operate in. Now only the wealthy can afford insurance to be able to get the procedures and treatments to help them live a bit longer, while the poor, and increasingly the middle class, get sicker and die earlier. IMO, we need to support local organic agriculture, get our government to change over to single payer health care (like all other industrial nations) and hold the large farming industries and chemical companies accountable for the damage they are doing in the name of profit. Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of profit, but only when it provides an honest good or service!

Back