• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Paralever Drive Shaft - new or repair

guenner

Time to replace the drive shaft on my R100GS ... again. Besides buying an OEM ($713 at the dealer) there are a few other options.

Has someone used a "repaired" drive shaft?

I have only found Bruno's in Canada who does repairs. Any other shop?

Has somone used the rebuildable one that Ted Porters beemershop sells for $580?

Just for the statistics:

1st shaft lasted 60 tmi, 2nd one lasted 72 tmi and cost $415 in 2001 at the dealer.

Thanks,
Guenther

Thanks Kurt for the link! (Lazy me could have found it myself)

Following some links off of that brought up Henderson Precision in California:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130764&highlight=hendersen

I was thinking of only having the U-joints replaced. By following the discussions it was mentioned that the damper usually needs to be re-worked as well. Hurried to the workshop and sure enough, my damper has twisted by ca. 15 degrees and needs to be repacked as well.

/Guenther

Time to replace the drive shaft on my R100GS ... again. Besides buying an OEM ($713 at the dealer) there are a few other options.

Has someone used a "repaired" drive shaft?

I have only found Bruno's in Canada who does repairs. Any other shop?

Has somone used the rebuildable one that Ted Porters beemershop sells for $580?

Just for the statistics:

1st shaft lasted 60 tmi, 2nd one lasted 72 tmi and cost $415 in 2001 at the dealer.

Thanks,
Guenther

For just the u joint on the drive shaft. I asked Bruno for a quote on replacing the u joint on my SWB driveshaft and he quoted $200. He pins the new u joint in the same way the factory does and doesn't spot weld them like some I've seen.

For your info and help in finding a source.

Back