Ride to the "Eggfest"
Great 3 day ride:
Raleigh NC through SC to southern Atl.
- headed straight down Hwy 1 and cut west to Atl on Hwy 387 at Columbia, SC.
- Be sure to use the loop as going through town is painful.
- The rest of the ride was trying to get there quickly as the sun was setting.
- Total seat time 10 hours
- Stayed at a new Fairfield Inn a few miles from the Atlanta Motor Speedway where the fest is held.
- Great bbq and other meats cooked on the "Big Green Egg" by hundreds of enthusiastic chef's.
- Fest goes until 3, which is fine as it's just too much really good food.
- Left Atl that afternoon for Asheville.
- Took 285 to just "get through" Atl and then grabbed Hwy 23 heading north all the way to Asheville.
- Total seat time 6 hours.
- Fine adult beverages in Asheville at several of the terrific establishments and to bed.
- Left Asheville after a great breakfast at Tupelo Honey - amazing.
- Took Hwy 9 to 64 and it all the way back.
- Hwy 64 is a nice curvy road with lots of cute little resort type towns.
- Terrific way to spend 3 days - definitely heading back to the Eggfest again next year.
Tags for this Thread