• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

what i'm thinking is this...

OOOO, now that is a whole different bucket of bolts. The GTI is on my medium list of replacements for the Turdmobile.

Good luck making up your mind.

anybody know if any of the 2013 bmw bikes have a redesigned fuel quantity system (fuel strip) or an improved FD?

..a bit off topic, i know but touring guys and sailplane guys are kindred spirits. (and i DID ride the r12r to the airport) :)

takeoff. (the tow plane is 62 years old)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29251424@N00/8219826456/in/photostream

loop
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29251424@N00/8218627327/

I have two mechanical loves in my life! Airplanes would be first and motorcycles being a very close second. Thank you for sharing this with the masses......

keep my r12r and trade my mazda 3 6 speed wagon in on a vw GTI.

appreciate the help, gents
:)
golf-vii-gti-concept-4w.jpg

If you can get in and out of the car, cool. ;)

My dealer and I have discussed several times about how often folks buy R12R's, try to add accessories to make them function like an RT, and end up trading in on an RT. For some the R is the ideal bike, but there's a reason (several, actually) the RT is a best seller.

As for options, my #1 recommendation is ASC. It's the sort of thing you hope to never need, but it can save a lot of expensive plastic and road rash.
For the kind of "touring" that I do I think I would rather have an R1200R. If I wouldn't lose my shirt I would trade my RT for an R tomorrow. I need (want) something more nimble. As it is I spend most of my time riding my Triumph.

For the kind of "touring" that I do I think I would rather have an R1200R. If I wouldn't lose my shirt I would trade my RT for an R tomorrow. I need (want) something more nimble. As it is I spend most of my time riding my Triumph.

triumph makes decent machines and the competition they provide to bmw makes the beemers better machines.

Figured I would toss in my 2 cents on this debate.

I am waiting on a pair of Wunderlich hand guards and a new Sargent seat. I have a Parabellum Scout with a new 22" windshield and a just added an MRA Bolt On Variable Wind screen Spoiler from Twisted Throttle, all in an attempt to see just how versatile the R12R can be. Once I have all the goodies in and added to the bike I will report with some pics, as well as a long ride in the colder temps.

That said, I don't think it will ever be as suited for pure touring as an RT, but on the same token, the RT will never be as versatile as an R12R. In fact, the guy I got the bike from was going down the road of making the R12R more of a touring mount, but the wife didn't like it so he consigned the bike and got an RT.

Funny too, I am looking at a Mazda 3 Mazdaspeed to replace my Altima.. :D

i just ordered a parabellum fairing for my r12r

thanks for all the good inputs, gents.
they told me it would arrive in jan or feb next year.
P1030088.jpg

Back