• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Virus infection?!

We have a breech- of some sort. Kurt's announcement is at the top of each forum.

What does this mean? There appears to be an expanding "push" form a site with Less/jump-evidence in it's url.

We don't know what it is other than it shouldn't be here. Most anti-virus programs seem to be heading it off at this time.

We are working on getting the IT guys on this. If you continue on the forum Be Careful

One of us will up-date as soon as we know more. Thanks for your patience. OM

Blacole.jw exploit warning

Accessing this site (ony), starting this AM, produces a blacole.jw exploit warning from every page. This is definitely happening only on the path to the MOA server.
Source needs to be found and dispatched.

This is apparently a newer version- MSE ID's it as originally identified on 10/22. Someone is apparently not running current AV protection..

We have a breech- of some sort. Kurt's announcement is at the top of each forum.

Why don't the Admins send a mass email to all the forum users when the site is infected?
I realize that some forum users do have their email available to the Admins, but I would think most do.
If this would have been done the last time it would have saved a lots of posts of people asking what's going on.
It would also have saved the office from getting a lot of phone calls.

Why don't the Admins send a mass email to all the forum users when the site is infected?
I realize that some forum users do have their email available to the Admins, but I would think most do.
If this would have been done the last time it would have saved a lots of posts of people asking what's going on.
It would also have saved the office from getting a lot of phone calls.
It's a bit more complicated then that as was proven in the spam attack we had a while back. We're doing all we can at the moment. OM

Can anyone confirm if the issue only occurs when accessing the forum or also when accessing other parts of the site?

I'm not seeing the warning, but clearly some are.

Kurt, sorry for the delay. Had to sleep.... .

AVG Version: 2012.0.2221
LINKScanner Version: 1374

Browser: Mozilla 16.0.2

The date on the virus file I was unable to access. But it was stored on 11/23/2012, @ 09:23:27 AVG listed it as an "Infection".

The virus information I linked to in my first post. See> http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/webthreats/info/html-framer/

I ran CCCleaner last night and the issue seems to have gone away. Don't know if this is the result of the CCCleaner program, or if MOA has taken steps.

Can anyone confirm if the issue only occurs when accessing the forum or also when accessing other parts of the site?

I'm not seeing the warning, but clearly some are.
Scott, pm sent with more info.

Well, as you all can imagine, we've had a time of it today.
It may be a little soon to give the "all clear" but there's not doubt we're in better shape than this morning.
A big thanks to the members who helped by posting/sending in relevant information that we could dissect and put to good use. :clap
A big thanks to Knary :D as usual

Please everybody-be vigilant and if you see something odd, post it here.
Thanks, the Mod Team

Yeah, I haven't seen anything...so far so good. Post something if you notice anything unusual.

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 with the latest files and a couple of days ago it started blocking access to the forum but not the BMWMOA home page. Today that's blocked as well. I managed to sign on with my iPad to send this.

Back