• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Glarus 2013?

Last weekend in January? The sooner a date is set, the better for me. I am threatened with mandatory saturdays at my real job this year.

Indeed, New Glarus will be happening. January 25, 26,27. That is the plan. The usual place, Chalet Landhaus, then usual stuff to do, the usual fun! As soon as I get my stuff together ( and off night shift) I'll post the details.

I rode thru New Glarus year before last when coming home from the RA Rally. Charming town with a brewery so awesome I UPSed a bunch of gear home to make room for a case! :thumb

Just got off the phone with Chalet Landhaus (800 944 1716) to make my reservation. The gal on the phone reminds folks to make their reservations early, as there will be another group there - the knitting group.

Sounds like fun. What do you guys do for three days besides drink? :drink

Not that there is anything wrong with a beer or two or even a nice single malt. :bottle

Well, one can bring their swimsuit and enjoy the pool or hot-tub. We will be going out to eat at the Hotel New Glarus on Friday evening and those so inclined can polka. We may also go to other places around the town within walking distance. We can hang out in the lobby by the fireplace and socialize.

On Saturday we usually start the day with breakfast in the Chalet. Then some of us go exploring. Check out the New Glarus brewery. There are wineries around, along with cheese houses. In Mt. Horeb one can go troll-ing, or investigate the Duluth Trading Company store. Not too far from New Glarus is the Duluth outlet store. Then there is the National Mustard Museum in Middleton. Then we'll figure out what we want to do for dinner. Then more socializing.

This is a bit like a rally, although based from a hotel during the season of poor riding. It gets us out and reconnected with folks we only see at rallies or on the road. We do it because we can.

Dale and I have a room reserved, and I have confirmed that the Wild Women of Knitting will in fact be there. Rowdy group, I hope they keep it down this year.
:lol

According to their website, Wollersheim Winery will again be having their Port Wine celebration on that Saturday, the 26th. If anybody is interested, that is.

Dale and I have a room reserved, and I have confirmed that the Wild Women of Knitting will in fact be there. Rowdy group, I hope they keep it down this year.
:lol

The metallic "click click click" of those needles, Roy...I dunno about this :)

I'm planning to attend, My "imaginary wife" will be coming along to attempt to keep me in line.

Only two weeks away. The New Glarus Brewery website indicates they will not be closed that weekend, so self-guided tours may be available. Looking forward to seeing those who show up.

Back