• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Introduction: Philip Carlson

P

PHILIPCARLSON

Just put about 500miles on my new '85 K100RS last week, lots of 50 mile freeway runs out of Salt Lake. Lots of fun. Much more stable than the Naked Gold Wing I've been riding. Warmer too!

I need to figure out how to get the grip warmers working again.

I also noticed that the fork gets crazy when I let the throttle go with little or no pressure on the handlebars at 45MPH. Haven't tried that much faster, doesn't seem to do this under 25.

About to bid on a 22L trunk, but thought a larger Givi might be more versitile.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of folks here to share experiences and knowledge. Maybe some future friends too!

Wobble as described is usually caused by loose steering head bearings. There are some other possibilities but that is where I would start because if the bearings are a little loose that will happen every time.

Back