• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A question or two on advertising.

moshaffer

Before anyone jumps on this with both feet let me say that I believe in advertising as far as what is in the ON goes. With out advertisinag most of wouldn't know what is out there for new gear etc.
First question is with the four page pullout in the November ON. Does the advertiser or the US dealer in this case pay for the full four pages of the advertisment, even though it comes out as a product review? The front cover of the insert is all ready the front cover of the ON. Full cover, high gloss, four pages, must be expensive I would think.
Second question is do the advertisers or dealers pay any towards the printing of monthly product reviews of the various items?
Again, no complaints, just wanting to know.
Regards, Mo

Check out a British car magazine or two some time.

For example, Mercedes Enthusiast regularly tests "classics" that are for sale at some used car lot somewhere. The article will state where. That lot always buys an ad in that issue.

Otherwise, you'll have to check Motorcycle Consumer News or Consumer Reports for publications where there is ostensibly "independence," but I don't think anybody in a BMW-specific club is complaining.

Back