• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

hello, dolly

while watching that video, I couldn't help but think why not just grab the handlebars and back it into the garage in the first place?
KEn

The rail types require a bit longer legs than mine!

I like my park N move because I stand on the ground while putting the bike on it, nice and stable. Also, I think it is a whole lot more compact fore and aft and no sidestand deployed.

Backing in is not an option with my slightly sloped driveway and old body.

The park N move is very rugged. On it, the bike is quite stable. I seldom store the bike on it, since it can be removed so easily, but I do think a Velcro loop to lock the front brake would ensure the bike stays on it if needed, stored on the back wall for example.

kioolt:
interested in the flyncycle dolly you mentioned. $80 cheaper than the Park-n-Move which has always seemed too pricey. But the caster wheels on the flyncycle unit don't look too sturdy. What do you park on yours (mine's a R1200RT) and do the casters work OK?

pete

Originally Posted by kioolt View Post
I'm using one of these.

http://www.flyncycle.com/street/stre...and-mover.html

It takes up less space when not in use.

thanks, ed

I received the Biketek dolly stand and immediately went to put my 82 R100RT on it. My wife was there at the time telling me how to do it. I believe it would have been easier without her giving me directions. You are suppose to be able to simply put it under the bike with the brakes UNLOCKED and put the bike on the center stand as you normally would. I tried doing it with the brake LOCKED because there were no instructions. I later went to the Park N Move site and read their directions. Although it is not a Park N Move the directions should be the same.

If you decide to buy the Biketek dolly from FlyNCycle use the discount code facebook for a 5% discount.

kioolt:
interested in the flyncycle dolly you mentioned. $80 cheaper than the Park-n-Move which has always seemed too pricey. But the caster wheels on the flyncycle unit don't look too sturdy. What do you park on yours (mine's a R1200RT) and do the casters work OK?

pete

So far I have only put my 82 R100RT on it. It is plenty sturdy enough to put any of my bikes on it. It is rated at 1000 pounds.

If you decide to buy it you can use discount code "facebook" for a 5% discount.

We're using one to park my wife's ST on. Can't use the other style since it has no center stand. Can't get it tucked into its spot without a lot of work without a dolly. We've had it for a few years and it's pretty handy and easy to use.

IMGP0759-2.jpg

We're using one to park my wife's ST on. Can't use the other style since it has no center stand. Can't get it tucked into its spot without a lot of work without a dolly. We've had it for a few years and it's pretty handy and easy to use.

IMGP0759-2.jpg

:scratch

Hello Ed,
How do you park the top bike? It looks like it's on a shelf... Am I missing something?
Thanks,

He got "that red ribbon" on the wall for hoisting it up there!:laugh
I'm old fashioned-I ride in & turn it around on its own wheels later.

The top bike is not presently in use, so no need to get ip back down quickly. I lifted it up there with my engine crane.

The ribbon is actually from the GS Anticoncours at Redmond. :thumb

while watching that video, I couldn't help but think why not just grab the handlebars and back it into the garage in the first place?
KEn

Yes, that's what I do with the '95 R1100R. Here is a pic of it pinned tightly to the garage wall by my car, air compressor, tool chest, and lawnmower. The other side of the garage has enough space for my wife's Honda CR-V.
regards,
Mark

Attachments

• IMG00052-20121118-1216.jpg
    IMG00052-20121118-1216.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 56
Here is a pic of it pinned tightly to the garage wall by my car, air compressor, tool chest, and lawnmower. The other side of the garage has enough space for my wife's Honda CR-V.
regards,

Dude, you gotta work on getting your priorities straighten out.
09.gif

Back