• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Side latch for 80's Krauser case

Hello all, I am not trying to replace the whole hard case, they are expensive. I have called seibenrock here in germany and the classic krauser replacement latch will work with a adapter plate that i would have to make. is there a replacement side latch for the mid 80's hard side case by krauser anywhere? besides getting lucky on ebay for a used one, mine does not lock with the key, or if their is someone who knows how to repair thie lock that would be appreciative.

pannier latch

hi try Motobins on line they have all sorts of latches for the mid 1980 style panniers,13 to 23 pounds sterling. but I think you have the mid 1970 type but try them anyway very nice helpfull people,hope this assists ,Jimmy

Capital Cycle has some H-B spare parts including this latch kit:

http://secure.capitalcycle.com/Hepco-Becker-LATCH-ASSEMBLY-BAG-TO-MOUNT/productinfo/700.101+00+01/

I see you are in Germany. Buy directly from Siebenrock (in Germany). Depending on the mounts, it may be a matter of replacing the seat-belt blade with the claw latch - at least it was on my Krauser mounts. If you search the forum (which can turn up all sorts of interesting information on airheads) there are other threads on these H-B latches.

Here is the Siebenrock link to their luggage (in English):

http://shop.siebenrock.com/index1.php?site=0001&sprache=en

The "motocase lock" # 4654111 in the Siebenrock link is the same conversion kit sold by Capital Cycle.

p.s. I never had any success with Motobins deciphering H-B bags and mounts. Bad luck on my part I suppose.

Edit: I re-read your original post. No one makes the Krauser original latch. A used latch is the best you will do. The adapter for new H-B latches would be needed for your bag mounts, not the bag latch - the bag latch is secured with the pop rivets (but bolts could be used instead). If you can post a photo of your bag mount(s) that would help clarify your options.

Last edited:
picture of my case

here are the pics of my case, the only issue is it will ot lock, it will latch but not lock.

Attachments

• DSCN0851.JPG
    DSCN0851.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 81
There are several Krauser mounting plates on eBay (US) today.

One set is from a long-time seller "alteteile". I've purchased from him in the past. He's in Deutschland.

As far as the latches are concerned, your best be might be to find the cheapest set of Krauser bags you can find, throw away the bags, and keep the latches.

For example see > http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Motorcy...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7ba55162&vxp=mtr

I've purchased from this individual as well. If you can get them for a reasonable price, I'm sure he would remove the latches and ship them to you (cheaper than shipping the whole rig to Germany)

Back