• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New to BMW

danevans

Rode HD for many miles. Took a ride on a friend's 2002 1150rt. I fell in love with it and bought it. Why did I wait so long? Is there a book or some other resource. I would like to learn the different models and such. I see /5 etc. Some models without the /. I would really like to learn the ins and out. Thanks!

Welcome to the world of BMW! Both marques have quite a storied history. You can google "BMW motorcycles" and find a number wikipedia pages that give a fair assessment.

A couple of books that I bought provide a good overview along with stats on each bike model. More models have come out in the last 10-12 years, so might not be totally covered in the books. But still worth having:

BMW Profiles: Motorcycles of Munich 1923-1969
BMW Profiles: Motorcycles of Berlin 1969-1998

They're crazy expensive on Amazon, but I suspect there are other, cheaper sources.

Greetings

Rode HD for many miles. Took a ride on a friend's 2002 1150rt. I fell in love with it and bought it. Why did I wait so long? Is there a book or some other resource. I would like to learn the different models and such. I see /5 etc. Some models without the /. I would really like to learn the ins and out. Thanks!

Greetings from one curmudgeon to another . . . .Pensacola, FL here; newly-acquired K1200 LT

Another convert! Welcome to the forum and to BMW!

We are slowly converting our HD friends as well. :laugh

Welcome to the forum...

Back