• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

My October 2012

I just wanted to talk about my October this year. Moderators, please feel free to move if this is not in the right place.

October is Breast Cancer awareness month. For the past 14 years I have been a member of a motorcycle crew that provides safety for the walkers during these events. The Atlanta 2 Day Walk for Breast Cancer was the first weekend in October. The Susan G. Komen Walk for Breast Cancer was the third weekend in October and I took a the 2nd weekend off to attend the Barber Motorcycle Festival in Leeds, Al. I participated in the Avon 2 Day walk for Breast Cancer in Charlotte, NC for the 4th weekend. If you have any personal connection to Breast Cancer in your life you really need to think about getting involved in these walks. You get to ride you motorcycle (not that much, you'll be standing in intersections most of the time helping walkers across intersections) break most of the traffice laws ( it's ok since the LEO's know why you're there). It's hard work but the rewards you get from the walkers make it all worth while. The reason I'm posting this is that this year in Charlotte for the Avon 2 Day, they couldn't find enough motorcycles to help. We brought 9 motorcycles from Atlanta to field a crew of 14. Next year I know that the Atlanta group will not be able to send as many bikes. As I said earlier if you have a personal connection to Breast Cancer please think about signing up for the Avon 2 Day Walk in Charlotte, NC. If folks are interested I'll be glad to add links for the walks and answer any questions you may have.

Back