• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Flea Market

What's going on,it's been down all week??..when will it be fixed??..this is the only reason i stay associated with this...club.

I'm very sorry that this continues to be a problem. There is action in the background, the most important of which is dealing with a hole in the forum which let the virus in a few weeks ago. I will be involved in a telecon today to discuss the forum situation and the path forward. I have no ability to actually make changes to the forum, but people in the phone do. Hopefully we can begin to make progress.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

How about repairing the issue of: when one clicks on a "name" to check out about them in their statistics, etc the fact that NOTHING happens........Thanks for all that you are doing......and of course the freebee other guys....no one has room to complain about what is going on........God bless.......Dennis

Dennis -

That's a little different issue, but the office is very well aware of that paticular problem. If you'll notice, all things on the forum that usually result in a pull-down menu (Search, Quick Links) are "broken". It's a common coding issue and it should be fixed soon.

Try right clicking on these things, like a username. Then select "open in new tab". You should then see everything you need in the new tabbed window.

the most important of which is dealing with a hole in the forum which let the virus in a few weeks ago.

It is better that they are dealing with the problem, then letting people get infected with the Virus. I am more then happy to wait as long as it takes.

Well ya'd better be makin' it snappy, 'cause the natives are getting a might restless ... ..
09.gif

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://swf.tubechop.com/tubechop.swf?vurl=qLvGnro4Cgw&start=122&end=129&cid=657695"></param><embed src="http://swf.tubechop.com/tubechop.swf?vurl=qLvGnro4Cgw&start=122&end=129&cid=657695" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

They have an expert working on the problem, and we should know if it can be easily fixed by Monday morning. If not then, the MOA office will be calling "bigger" guns! :clap If necessary, I am considering a workaround.

They have an expert working on the problem, and we should know if it can be easily fixed by Monday morning. .

Good to hear they called someone in to fix the problems. The first report of the virus, that I saw, was on Sep 19th and I was starting to wonder if the problems could be fixed.
I take it the office had to hire outside help??
Have I undertood your past posts correctly that the site no longer has the virus and the work being done now is fixing the damage to the site?

Lee -

AFAIK, there are no viruses. Some changes were made initially to close up the "hole" and more have been made. The fact that the "Who's Visited Today" is gone is one of the things that was a possible way in...that appears to be gone permanently...not sure if anything will be coming to replace it.

The guy fixing the issues right now is a former consultant who basically built what you see. He had to step away for family issues but has agreed to come back to try and get us over this hump. If it proves to be too much to deal with in a short term, the office was going to find someone else who could devote more dedicated time.

Lee -

AFAIK, there are no viruses. Some changes were made initially to close up the "hole" and more have been made. The fact that the "Who's Visited Today" is gone is one of the things that was a possible way in...that appears to be gone permanently...not sure if anything will be coming to replace it.

The guy fixing the issues right now is a former consultant who basically built what you see. He had to step away for family issues but has agreed to come back to try and get us over this hump. If it proves to be too much to deal with in a short term, the office was going to find someone else who could devote more dedicated time.

Thanks for the info.

Well ya'd better be makin' it snappy, 'cause the natives are getting a might restless ;)

Lew,

Your a riot! Love your humour when it's needed!

Back