• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

R90S Brake Lever

B

BobraWilbanks

This may be a very simple question, but after looking at the handlebar brake lever on the R90S, I'm not sure how to access the lever to remove it and replace it with a new lever. It's a '75 model.

First remove the nut underneath (#2) and then unscrew the bolt (#10).

This picture is from mid '75 on, the earlier '75 might be slightly different, but it is the same idea. You have to remove the nut underneath first, before you loosen the bolt that acts as the pivot pin for the lever.

I got the pic from Max BMW parts fiche:

http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=51891&rnd=08102012

Barron

Attachments

• Brake Lever.png
    Brake Lever.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 75
R90S Brake Lever replacement

Thanks so much for that. Got the lever off, but the new lever I bought doesn't seem to have a way to grab onto the head of the cable. The end of the cable has a little round head, and it fits just into the hole, but just won't stay in so the lever can pull it. It should slide into a groove or somehow stay in the hole. Have you done this, got any suggestions?

The end of the cable has a little round head, and it fits just into the hole, but just won't stay in so the lever can pull it. It should slide into a groove or somehow stay in the hole.

The cable usually has a large barrel on the end which goes over the "little round head". This barrel is what goes through the hole in the lever...it also has a nylon bushing around the barrel to ensure a tight fit in the hole.

R90S Brake Lever Replacement

Yes, I think I figured it out, though it's not on the diagram, I think it's called a nipple. The old lever did not have this, but the new one will need it, so I have one on order. Thanks!

Back