• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Which Ram Mount?

D

DNORDINKGT

I would like to mount my garmin car version Nuvi 2555, in a Ram Aqua box, but it was not clear which ram mount I should use. The bike currently has a Helibar riser, that has threaded holes for mounts, but I will probably be removing that, so the handlebar set up will be stock. If you have pictures of your mounts that would be outstanding.

Ram mounts need three (or four) pieces. Look at the bike and consider possible mounting points. Then consider where a short, regular, or long arm would put the device for viewing.

Pick a location on the bike. Pick a base type. Regular base, mini base, U clamp, etc?

Then pick the arm length.

Then pick the cradle for your device. The cradle may come with, or may need an additional ball mount.

I went through that process on their website, but I cannot tell how the or where the mounts attach therefore I cannot make a determination as to what length arm I need. I assume one of the mounts goes into the open hole near the brake fluid reservoir, but maybe one attached to the hole at the inside edge of the handle bar, byway, I'll just have to look at some bikes in person to see how it is done.

I went through that process on their website, but I cannot tell how the or where the mounts attach therefore I cannot make a determination as to what length arm I need. .

When I ordered my stuff, I ordered two different length arms because I could not tell what length was best until I mounted it on the bike.
Start a thread over on I-BMW http://www.i-bmw.com/index.php? in the K1200GT Slant 4 forum and ask for pictures of mounts on a GT.

Here's one option.

attachment.php

I was not able to edit and attach this resized picture in my above post.

Attachments

• Ram.jpg
    Ram.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 102
Look at the Techmount #3-21004. Mounts to the unused mirror hole. You can bolt a Ram ball to this mount and add a arm to position your gps. I use an older version on my 2008 K1200GT, one on the left side for the Zumo, one on the right side for a toll transponder.

I use the OEM mount sold for the Navigator, and added a round base RAM ball. Can't remember the BMW part number, but it was around $25. The factory holes line up with the RAM holes, but it is not quite centered, though, with the arm you can offset it and center it up nicely.

Attachments

• ram mount.jpg
    ram mount.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 75
Back