• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I need volunteers!!!

P

penman

Hello fellow Rally Rats! :clap

In case you don't know, I'm chairman once again of the Rally Communications Committe and I need volunteers! Here's a summary of what we do: we man THE official rally emergency phone number (the one you're supposed to leave with your wife, kids, etc., etc.), we are the lost and found office (you wouldn't believe the stuff that people loose), we are responsible for the daily dispostion of the two-way radios used by rally staff (to the tune of about 50 grand), we are the HELP people (answering questions, giving directioins) we assisit in locating rally staff and grounds personnel for others. Guys, gals...it's a an action packed job with few dull moments with volunteers typically working a four hour shift during office hours (8am-8pm). Most years volunteers work two shifts during the course of the rally but tha's not required. Despite the offical rally opening day, this office needs to be staffed begining Tuesday (so for those of you who like to come early this will allow you to legally do so). Remember, the entire rally is the result of the work of regular MOA members who volunteer! Join me in our Air conditioned office (I can't wait). For aditional information email me direct at kuul2@aol.com. Thanks, and see you at the rally. Bob Woofter

:clap

I'm In

was planning on getting there late Wed (7:00pm'ish) and camping. Would be glad to give you two four hour shifts. Let me know?

Regards,
Dr. Raoul Duke
AKA Jim Kelleher

How early can the volunteers arrive to campout?:confused.I was planning on arriving sometime on Monday.

Clay,

Rally volunteers who wish to camp before Wednesday can go to either the Northgate or Magic Island sites.

The University opens Wednesday for volunteers and Thursday for the rally.

If you do a search on the topic you will see this has been discussed extensively by the rally chairs.

Best,

Bob, was looking for your post to volunteer first thing Thurs morning, but now I find I can't park my Kwik Kamp at the U of C. I am so livid, am seriously thinking of not going to the rally, although I have been looking forward to it since last year. I was just down there 2 wks ago, while they were having a car show with 4 wheeled vehicles all over the grass, so I wasn't concerned about my little bed which can be pushed all over the place.
Sorry, just venting, I am almost in tears, I am so upset that this was not addressed earlier. If I do decide to come, I would be more than willing to give you early Thurs morn if that would be ok?
MJ

volunteering

placed 3 different posts AND e-mailed Bob directly offering to volunteering starting like 3 weeks ago. STILL waiting for ANYBODY from BMW MOA to get back to me. Pretty much made up my mind for me about next year. Hello BMW RA. There is just no acceptable excuse for this kind of rudeness

Buh-Bye

Back