• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Progressive International MC shows

Texpaul

Lost again
I know BMW is going to be at all the shows this year but I am wondering if they will be showing the water cooled boxer?
Anyone know one way or the other?

I was told by a local Dealership that BMW will have the new 1200 at the Toronto bike show next weekend. I would expect if it is here in the North, it will be at the U.S. shows.

Yes, The R1200GS watercooled,was at the Atlanta show as well as the HP4 S1000RR. I'm not a GS fan,but this is a verry good looking GS. I spent four hours at the show and enjyed it quite a bit.

I usually go to the Cleveland, OH show. Am thinking about trying Indy this year. Has anyone been to both that can give me a comparison? Is Indy a bigger show?

This is the first year the show has been in Indy. It's never been closer than Chicago or Cleveland. Lucas Oil Stadium is a great venue. I'm anxious to see it for the first time.

This is the first year the show has been in Indy. It's never been closer than Chicago or Cleveland. Lucas Oil Stadium is a great venue. I'm anxious to see it for the first time.

I plan to skip Cleveland this year, in favor of Indy. For no other reason than Indy being about 100 miles closer. And after 15 years at Cleveland, I'm up for a new venue.

I noticed you are in Indiana ? Are there plenty of hotels near the stadium? I hate to make reservations not knowing what is where. So I was going to 'wing-it' find the stadium & look for a hotel. I'm familiar over by the Speedway, and the n/west outer area. And in town?...as far as the Fairgrounds. But not so much in downtown.

When I go for the GP & Indy mile,..I've stayed in Carmel , but hope to get closer for the show.

How about the new 800, wondering if that will be shown or not?

Seeing that bike up close and personal would definitely push me to attending.

How about the new 800, wondering if that will be shown or not?

Seeing that bike up close and personal would definitely push me to attending.

The new F800GT was NOT at the San Mateo show. I looked for it AND asked. I too wanted a good look at it in person. They did have the water-cooled GS.

The Wasser Boxer GS and the F800GT are both at the the Long Beach show. They seemed to have every model there. The show is the biggest it has been in years. Filled the whole convention center. Good sign.

Looking forward to the NYC show, hoping the F800GT will be there. I went from a K1200RS to a K1200S to my current K1200GT and am thinking the lighter more nimble F800 would be more fun. My wife thought the more comfortable K12GT would help her ride more, but it turns out she just doesn't like to ride. Now I have a heavy GT..... Could be worse, I might have bought the K16 and had a payment to deal with!

:violin

Looking forward to the NYC show, hoping the F800GT will be there. I went from a K1200RS to a K1200S to my current K1200GT and am thinking the lighter more nimble F800 would be more fun. My wife thought the more comfortable K12GT would help her ride more, but it turns out she just doesn't like to ride. Now I have a heavy GT..... Could be worse, I might have bought the K16 and had a payment to deal with!

:violin

Yeah, I went through something similar. My wife said she'd never ride on a GSA. Well, she hasn't ridden much on the RT. If I get another BMW, it will be a GSA.

Wet Head

I forget which topic I posted under, but....the Water Boxer GS was at the ATL show which was number one show of the season. The US distributor guy that I talked to was a really nice guy but had exactly no info on the bike, nor any brochures. Or any helpful info of any sort.

Bike looked very, very interesting. I resisted the temptation to make some cracks about fuel strips, etc. Actually I did make a stab at a funny about the strips. I'll give that ole' TN boy credit: unlike me in my corporate life, he stuck to his script without the slightest hesitation. :nyah

Back