• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

yannis

Hi all.
New member here with commitment issues that keep him from getting deeply engaged with social media...

Took some effort getting to introducing myself but... here I am.

30 years riding. Second time BMW owner. Just bought a '13 R1200 GS Adventure and already own a '07 K1200 R Sport. Odd stable mates and hard to to compare. Can't live without the explosive power of the K, love the idea of traveling with the R (first 500mile trip --> awesome!)

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you.

Yannis

Welcome! Both awesome bikes in their own ways.

Don't be shy might get the occasional goof, but overall good folks here.

With such different personalities how can you possibly go wrong!

I think that is a great combination. You are getting the best of both worlds so to speak. No overlap there. :)

Yannis,

Welcome to the family.

I always thought the K12R was a hot bike. Before buying the RT I had struggled with the decision...RT or GSA.

Aloha.

Scot

Thank you for the warm welcome, folks.

I will say this amongst fellow beemer owners:
When I used to own Suzukis (small one - more of a scooter), Hondas (XL600R), Yamahas (Two FJ1200s) and Kawasakis (A Mean Streak), I used to think that there was hardly a reason to overpay for a BMW. "If your FJ can do the same as a Beemer, why pay double?"

The arguments ended when I rode one; and settled beyond doubt when I compared the service at my local BMW dealer (Bob's in Maryland) to the Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki place nearby; and was all sealed when I chatted with (yes, mostly grey haired but also well traveled, well spoken and well read) fellow BMW riders.

Happy to be in this good company!

Y

Back