• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Zumo 660 issue music not coming back on

MOONDOG59

I have the Zumo connected to my Sena SMH10 and my IPhone 4 connected to the Zumo.
When I play music that is on the Zumo and I get a phone call, complete the call then the music doesn't come back on.
Last time I had to turn the Zumo off and reset everything.

Anybody having a similiar issue? I believe my friend has the same issue.

System integration - always tough

You might try playing music from the iPhone rather than the Zumo. I suspect the number of us using Bluetooth helmet communicators is still small. Apple won't have much specific interest in us, Garmin should, may now, but probably did not when even the 660 was developed. Sena and Cardo do care, but rely on the others. Apple probably has the latest software, so trying to minimize use of the Zumo (by sending GPS only, or nothing at all which is my current practice) might be wise.

I have Cardo G9, Zumo 550, and older Samsung T369 phone. Friend has SRC/Cardo G4, iPhone 5 for music and GPS. We think we got it all sorted, but must check it on a ride. Each of us had issues.

See other recent posts on this forum. May not be your equipment but give you ideas.

One of my problems was getting familiar with buttons - which to push, how many times, how long is a push, what are those feedback tones telling me?, ... .

Do let us know what you learn.

It's a zumo problem.

I occasionally have to shut it down, pop it out of the cradle, and reset everything. That usually fixes the problem. I've searched for answers on the Zumo forum and no one seems to know the reason it happens.

It's a zumo problem.

I occasionally have to shut it down, pop it out of the cradle, and reset everything. That usually fixes the problem. I've searched for answers on the Zumo forum and no one seems to know the reason it happens.

I agree, same problem. Have to stop, remove the SD card, insert it again and reboot. Only happens occassionally, so doesn't bother me all that much. So far no fix from Garmin.

Last edited:
I haven't had to go that far, i just turn it off and back on and it restablishes the connection with my Sena and its good to go until the next phone call. Luckly nobody calls me too much anyway....but annoying all the same.

The issues being described are actually two problems..

1 - The Bluetooth connection fails to re-establish with the helmet Bluetooth (in that case - the music is usually playing, just coming out of the speaker on the Zumo.) There is a thread here on the Schuberth SRC that talks a lot about this problem, and I noted in that thread what I found "fixes" it..

2 - The other problem is a Zumo problem where it fails to recognize the miniSD card with your music on it. Long discussions about this on some Zumo specific forums, with no solid resolution on how to fix it. It's questionable if this is a software problem, or a hardware problem (the miniSD reader).. Whatever, it's annoying.

2 - The other problem is a Zumo problem where it fails to recognize the miniSD card with your music on it. Long discussions about this on some Zumo specific forums, with no solid resolution on how to fix it. It's questionable if this is a software problem, or a hardware problem (the miniSD reader).. Whatever, it's annoying.

Garmin says hold down on the power button for 8 seconds, the unit will reboot and you will get your music back. I guess they don't think it's that important , it's only been broke for a year.

The issues being described are actually two problems..

1 - The Bluetooth connection fails to re-establish with the helmet Bluetooth (in that case - the music is usually playing, just coming out of the speaker on the Zumo.) There is a thread here on the Schuberth SRC that talks a lot about this problem, and I noted in that thread what I found "fixes" it..

Not being lazy but any chance you remember which thread it was that "fixes" it?
My search comes up with many threads...:blush

ny

When I started riding in 1966 we didn't have GPS, IPhone, cell phone, or anything else except the motorcycle. We still had fun, rode where we wanted, and had a lot less money invested in stuff that didn't work.

Back