• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Earplug Speakers to Bluetooth

sfarson

Have really enjoyed custom earplugs with speakers over the years. I plug them in to whatever device I want to listen to. Great sound fidelity and I can hear what is going on around me. Well, I'm finally figuring out bluetooth. I kinda like the idea of not always plugging in to something mounted to the bike. Plus, I might want to listen to something that doesn't have a headphone jack.

I've read about bluetooth comm systems and speakers in the helmet which I will move towards, but as an alternative I still want to use my custom earplugs/speakers. I'm wondering, can I buy some kind of bluetooth device that makes the connection to the audio source, place it in a pocket, and just plug into that? If so, any recommendations? Thanks!

That is a bluetooth transmitter. You can't plug earphones into it. If you want to go wireless, you would need that transmitter plugged into your audio source and something like a Sena SMH10 with the optional earbud connection http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena-smh-10-helmet-clamp-kit-earbuds-with-boom-and-wired-microphone (you don't have to use the microphone). I use a transmitter like that on the output of my MixIt2 amp and the Sena SMH10 headset with the speakers in my C3 helmet.

I use a Jabra BT3030. You wear it around your neck, its about the size of a dog tag. I pare it with my Navi IV, and it runs about 6 hours on a charge. Ear buds plug in and sound great. The jabra has push button controls, but I just leave the volume all the way up and use the on screen controls on the GPS. What I like best is IÔÇÖm not tethered to the bike. I bought two on Ebay, direct from China, for $7.00 each + $15.00 shipping.

Bill

That is a bluetooth transmitter. You can't plug earphones into it.

Actually, his link is to a Bluetooth RECIEVER. I don't know why it has a male plug on it, but it includes a 3.5mm female to female adapter. The pictures also show it connected to headphones and external speaker systems. Though the second link looks like it would be less of a kludge to hook up and wear.

Actually, his link is to a Bluetooth RECIEVER. I don't know why it has a male plug on it, but it includes a 3.5mm female to female adapter. The pictures also show it connected to headphones and external speaker systems. Though the second link looks like it would be less of a kludge to hook up and wear.

Correct, that plugs into the device you want to listen to and then you need to listen with, say a Sena set-up or other Blue-tooth receiver set-up

Correct, that plugs into the device you want to listen to and then you need to listen with, say a Sena set-up or other Blue-tooth receiver set-up

No, the device IS the receiver. The headphones/speakers plug into the device, which receives the Bluetooth signal from a radio/mp3 player, phone, GPS, etc.

Monster IEZClick. It comes with 2 pieces. Plug the little piece into the bottom of iphone/ipod/itouch. Plug headphones into Apple device. Use the larger piece (see picture) on the tank bag or jacket sleeve to control tracks, volume and pause. Replace battery every couple months (it is mostly the reason for the poor reviews).

41SH6XEDA2L._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iEZClick-Remote-Control-Black/dp/B000HVHGI6

Back