• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Freakin' Leaves

leaves in the road are a simple fact of fall life, so I slow down and scan hard for deer

Grass in the summer is more treacherous. It is just a slick, but there is no seasonal warning . Then there are the morons that do not even stop mowing when traffic is passing pelting them with grass and possible rocks.
Rod

I don't think you are seeing the picture of the leaves being raked and or blown into the street. These are not loose, one layer thick, but whole yard worth in strips sometimes 1-6 inches deep running the whole length of said property. Every vehicle driving by stretches the piles further up and down the road.

Last edited:
Ode to the bags of leaves

This discussion reminds me of a "training event" about 4 years ago. Early one morning, (about 4 am) while riding to work in the dark, I noticed a black plastic bag of leaves that had been set on the side of the road for pick up, only it had rolled into the road. Black Bag of Leaves on a Black Road, surround by the inky "Blackness" of 4 A.M. darkness equals, the last second reaction skills taught my MSF and the maneuverability of all that sport touring has to offer.... :drink

Seems the gist of this thread is as much the ignorance, the complete lack of understanding, & manners, combined with a sense of self-importance- many of our fellow citizens exhibit regularly.

This is the same self-importance that says, " I'm cutting you off, because my needs supercede your supposed ownership of the road space you occupy" .

The leaves, the grass, the snow? Secondary subject matter, IMO.

Back