• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tired of riding?

However, with the two new-to-me bikes, my interest in motorcycling is refreshing itself.

Well, you've got the great long distance machine to get up to those North Georgia mountains.:thumb

...federal intrusion into regional and local education...

The teachers I know have all taken early retirement at 55, and I can see it.

Last edited:
Hey, I didn't realize this was still going, good to see you guys here!

It was a good winter - Hunting season, lots of skiing and target shooting at the range. Just starting to swing the golf clubs again at the driving range (boy, that ain't pretty!)

I still haven't made a final decision on the bike. It was the first winter that I didn't ride at all. Right now its snowing here in New York again so it may be another couple of weeks before we really clear all of the salt and sand off of the roads and take it out for a nice springtime run.

My GF is also a Teacher so I do the same as you, take my trips and do most of my riding during the week. My first planned trip will be to Gettysburg in May. I think I'll at least pass through Americade up in Lake George in June. I'd really like to ride the Blue Ridge again as well.

I guess we'll see what the summer brings!

'Nailer

Lots of good posts on retirement, particularly as I'm coming up to it as well. Just wanted to comment on the posters who find the RT sedate or a little lacking in soul. Guess I have a lower threshold for excitement but IMHumbleO the RT is a an agile and responsive bike that can challenge the abilities (and courage) of most of us average riders. Just sayin'.....

Hey Ricki

Retirement is a big change and takes some getting used to, but I have to say that once you adjust it's fricken' great! in the biggining it's like.. "well, what the hell do I do now?" I think too many of us let our whole lives revolve around a job. I know I did. Everyone I knew and hung out with were Firemen and Carpenters.

Actually hung out with is probably the wrong term. They were my friends because I was working with them, I really didnt have time to do much else. Both jobs are pretty Fraternal, so its fun to go to work and just rip each other up all day. It's kind of like never getting out of High School or College.
I tried the Office thing down in the City for a year or so after I got out of College, and it wasn't for me. No laughter there, every day I got off of the train and went to that Office Bldg I felt like I was walking down the Trail of Tears.

After you're retired awhile your other interests kick in and you meet other people interested in those pastimes. Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, Skiing, Golf, and working out a few times a week become your daily routine. If Spring ever really gets here I'm sure Rides will take their place on the list again as well. If they don't I'll be listing a 2012 RT with 6000 miles on it in the Classified section.

Right now it's still 30 degrees outside and snow covered again so Riding is going to have to wait!

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm looking forward to it. I've done some wooden boatbuilding and plan to get back into it. Got my eyes on a nice 19' sailing sloop design by glen-L. That would keep me out of trouble....for awhile.

Back