• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

WTT: Standard Rear Shock for Low Rear Shock

shropdog

My wife has a 2010 F650GS with 1,200 miles on it and it is the standard suspension bike with a low seat. We need to still get it lowered a bit via the suspension and am curious if anyone has a F650GS with the factory low suspension rear shock that would like to trade for our standard height rear shock? If interested, let me know what mileage is on your shock and we can go from there. I figured if we make a swap, we each pay our own respective shipping / insurance costs. Thanks!

Update: I ordered a Wilbers low shock for the bike and no longer interested in a swap. Will post up the stock shock for sale once the Wilbers arrives and is installed. Thanks!

some other options for selling are the F800 Riders forum...

F800 Riders

and Parallel Universe on Adventure Riders

Parallel Universe

That should cover all your bases...

I'm happy with my Ohlins... but if i could have found someone to trade for the standard height shock i would have...

Hi Everyone, just a reminder- until we can figure out something different for this "basic" kind of commerce/trading- please take the discussions off screen to e-mails or pm's.
Thanks, The Mod Team.

Update: I ordered a Wilbers low shock for the bike and no longer interested in a swap. Will post up the stock shock for sale once the Wilbers arrives and is installed. Thanks!

Don't forget that the side stand is different and if you have a center stand, that it also might need to be cut down.

Don't forget that the side stand is different and if you have a center stand, that it also might need to be cut down.
This is really not a big deal (to shorten the center and or side stand) I did both when I took 2" out of my F800 with a Hyperpro kit. OM

Back