• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Accessory Mirrors for 2010+ RT

tonyc

I am looking for a set of mirrors that can be mounted on the handle bars of my 2012 RT. Basically like the previouse 05-09 RT's using the GT mirrors. I have found in my research that it is possible to use the GS round mirrors and new mirror perches, but I am not fond of the round style or this style, http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=76241 . I do like the GT shape mirror. Has anyone had any success with this upgrade?
Thanks,
Tony

you can check out the mirrors from a K1200R, I think the only bike they used them on...oval in shape compared to the GS lollipops...you'll still need the bar clamps from the R or GS

Helen has them on her R12R , found them on Ebay

this pic is of a K12R Sport...a rarer bird, but the only one I had of a front view

Attachments

• BMW_K1200R-SPORT__2007_01.jpg
    BMW_K1200R-SPORT__2007_01.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 123
I installed the BMW above bar mirrors. They are round in shape but I think they look good and the visibility improvement is terrific. Pretty much just a straight bolt on deal. Change the top clamps and screw the mirrors into place. Very nice really.

MAX BMW sells a complete kit to mount mirrors. If you ride with a top box it is almost a necessity.

Thanks for the feed back everyone, I do like the oval "R" style mirrors, so that is what i will probably end up with. Still I would like to try the old "GT" mirrors on to see if they clear the resovoirs on the handle bars.
tony

Back