• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

F800S cutting off under power

druss12

I have a 2007 F800S that will randomly shut off. A year ago it seemed to only occur when cold and a few miles into a ride but it has happened twice in the past month 50+ miles in a ride. It happens when slowing down, pulling off an exit or coming to a stop. Can anyone offer an opinion to what's causing this or what I could check?

My F800S was declared a lemon due to this issue @18 months old. NA could not fix it, it was dangerous, and I was paid well by them.

I cannot remember all the acronyms but the third visit, the main network (CanBus) was replaced. Part of the problem since I was the first, BMW (neither dealer nor NA) could reproduce the problem (it took about 1-2 hours to surface). Finally, my dealer acquired a dyno, and 2:03 (two hours and three minutes) the bike shut off. That was the fourth visit, and since NA would not replace the (excuse the try) BSK, they bought it back.

The first time, and the second they replaced fuel filter and air filter plus ignition interlock for the second time. Nothing helped.

Back