• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member from Ohio

Greetings all! My name is Brent Yarnell and i bought a K1600GT about 2 weeks ago. I came off a V-Strom 100 which I loved. I have been into motorcycles since I was about 8 years old when my dad bought me an old Honda SL70 and never looked back. I'm 23 now and have ridden over 100,000 miles. My first road bike was a KLR650, then my V-Strom, and now the amazing K1600. I look forward to another 100k on this bike!

Greetings all! My name is Brent Yarnell and i bought a K1600GT about 2 weeks ago. I came off a V-Strom 100 which I loved. I have been into motorcycles since I was about 8 years old when my dad bought me an old Honda SL70 and never looked back. I'm 23 now and have ridden over 100,000 miles. My first road bike was a KLR650, then my V-Strom, and now the amazing K1600. I look forward to another 100k on this bike!
Hi Brent, welcome to the forum. Oh yeah an SL 70, great bike- bullet proof. IMO there is a big advantage to starting riding at a young age. Look around and if you have any questions just ask. Gary

Hi Brent, where in Ohio are you from? Would like to exchange some K16GT experience face to face!

I'm from New Philadelphia. It's right on 77 about 80 miles south of Cleveland.

Brent,
Below is a open invitation to a fall event sponsored by RA.
Thought you might be interested.

"Wow! Hard to believe Halloween is just around the corner. Hope to see lots of you next weekend at the last Ohio RA camp out of the season near Cadiz. I am bringing some firewood and a saw. If any of you are coming in four wheeled vehicles and can bring some wood, please do so. The RA will provide soup for Friday and I'll come up with something for Saturday's breakfast. Saturday evening dinner is pot luck so please bring a dish or dessert to share. I'll bet Tappan Lake is gorgeous about now! See you next weekend!!

Mark Hoskey
BMW RA Ohio Region Rep

October 26ÔÇô28, 2012 Ohio RA Halloween Camp Out at the Trail Riders Campground, 4 miles north of Cadiz on SR 9. Primitive camping, pit toilets, and a paved road into the campsite. Look for a Harrison State Forest sign marked ÔÇ£Trail Riders Campground ÔÇØ. All interested BMW riders are invited to this end of season the camp out. RA-Ohio coffee, tea, etc., Sam Hill Memorial Ride at noon, "bring a dish if you wish" potluck on Saturday evening and more. Ghouls and gobblins welcome. Contact the RA Ohio Region Rep for details. GPS Coordinates: N40 20.484 W81 01.463 CONFIRMED!

I may be going depending on the weather.

Brent:

We have a lot of club members who bought their bike and/or get service at Gene's shop in New Philly.
We - the BMW Motorcycle Club of Akron - meet every Sunday morning, year 'round, for breakfast at the Farmer Boy restaurant just south of Rt91 and Rt224 in Springfield township (maybe too long of a haul for you)

Ohio Rider

Hey Brent, Great to have a young man from Ohio riding a BMW. Take care out there. Best to you. From Berlin Hts near Sandusky. K1200RS JJ

Dealer of choice

Hello Brent,
I live in Fl and my dealer of choice is in your town.
In Jan. of 2008 I reminded Gene that my bike was in for service a few months before and asked about a trade for a new low F800ST. The deal was made and I said I'll go back to Fl and haul my trade back in the truck.
I drove streight through, got a cheap room and was at the front door first thing the next day. They loaded her up and off I went back to florida.
Because I had food with me I got all the way back to charlotte before I bought anything but coffee. Quite a trip and quite a motorcycle.

Brent:

We have a lot of club members who bought their bike and/or get service at Gene's shop in New Philly.
We - the BMW Motorcycle Club of Akron - meet every Sunday morning, year 'round, for breakfast at the Farmer Boy restaurant just south of Rt91 and Rt224 in Springfield township (maybe too long of a haul for you)

What time on Sunday morning?

Back