• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1978 R100RS Turn Signal Relay

Blueman

Sometimes the turns signals work, sometimes they don't, sometimes I can hear the clicking of the relay in the headlight. I think it is going bad. I have looked on the parts fiche and several different relays are listed. :banghead Can someone out there in BMW cyberland tell me what part I am looking for?

Thank you. I always appreciate the help from those more knowledgeable.

Hella flasher

Mine was doing exactly the same thing. Pulled off the headlight and checked the connections which were clean. The replacement is a $93. Called Mororrad Electric and talked to Rick. He has a flasher for about 1/3 of the price of the hella but will take some rewiring as it is a 3 pole flasher and the ground wire is not used, since my bike is a rider not a show bike I ordered one. Both Capital Cycle and Max have the original flashers.

I have also found if the battery is a little on the low side they tend to do exactly what yours is doing. /5's are worse.

Back