• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

This just in.....First view of MSP R1200RT

I am curious why you would want one?? When I was more active in the Harley community, there were always people who wanted ex-Police bikes for the "cool-factor". The vast majority, however, did not consider these good buys. While the bikes were always well maintained, the sometimes low mileage was not representative of light use. The operation time compared to the mileage was overproportionally high due to a lot of idle running. Let's face it, these are work bikes. Would you buy an ex-police car, if you are not one of the Blues Brothers??

Being a retired officer I couldn't agree more. Why would you want to buy a work vehicle? The bike ( no matter the manufacturer ) is no different than a used work half ton, car or any other vehicle. Believe me they do get used up. Their best years are behind them.

Msp bmw r1200rt

Not only did I have a chance to see these bikes get prepped at the local dealer but I saw one in operation shortly thereafter. The patrolman had pulled off onto the shoulder of Northbound I-275 near the I-696 exchange and was creeping along as he was coming upon some nimrod that was riding his 12-speed bicycle on said shoulder. The MSP's captive was clearly not the brightest bulb unless he had a death wish as this was around rush hour!

Kent

Back