• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Well, here goes-'67 R69S

Rubbing is common when the damper comes loose. The damper is supposed to be screwed into the bottom eye. Sometimes they are a royal pain to remove. One of mine needed a large pipe wrench to do the job (which destroyed the damper).

As a result some owners have been known to lather the threads with anti-seize when putting the assembly back together. DONT DO THAT. The damper will unscrew and hammer the ends of the threads among other things. DAMHIK.

Cleaned the bottom eye/adjuster cam assy and brushed the threads clean on the shock body...it does screw together with some effort w/out the spring. I was hoping the threads were not hammered, they seem fine. And have to wonder how long it's been loose?
I'll wait and put it together since the top has to come out anyways.

wow, a year has passed since my last post...

Headed to pick up heavy parts and tins from paint removal "blasting" in San Antonio to move ahead with re-paint.

Got this on Friday. Thanks Vech and crew :thumb

PB240212.jpg

Opened crate this morning and had a happy moment. Wish I had the frame ready...but realizing this isn't a fast process with all other things going on...as I said it's been a year since I started.

Back