• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

First BMW... S1000RR HP4 "Comp"

M

maddrama@aol.com

Hey guys and girls, My name is Anthony and I figured I would join the BMWMOA being I just bought my first BMW motorcycle. I am waiting for an S1000RR HP4 "Competition" should be here end of November they are telling me. I have rode GSXR"s my whole life dating back to my 1986 RR limited. I switched over to Honda in 09 and bought a Repsol. I planned on getting a S1000RR in '11 after the '10 kinks were worked out but couldn't make up my mind between the KTM RC8 and BMW. Well I figured now would be the perfect time to get the BMW. Its an HP4, the Competition is very limited, supposedly making it only 140 some for one year. So here I am... on the BMWMOA forums waiting for my bike. Super excited to ride the bike. Nice to meet everyone, ride safe hopefully see you on the road.

Welcome to the MOA and the forum. Your bike is a rare bird as I suspect you are too. Look forward to hearing more about both.

Welcome to the forum! I'd use the next weeks to build up your arm muscles since that HP4 will definitely try to rip them off :burnout

Please post a pic or 3 when it arrives!

Thanks guys.... yeah looking forward to it although here in Philadelphia the weather might not be that complying end of November. Its ok because I'm trying to figure out what to do about the Akrapovic I want to put on it. I have another post on here trying to figure it out. Yeah should be a monster with a new exhaust (no cat) and some VP fuel. I would guess around 207-210 at the wheel, I have 3 dyno shops around here so I will take the average of the 3 and see.... soon as I get it in I'll have some picts up here....

Anthony

Back