• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

85 K100..BT45 rear-ME880 front?

oldnslow

It's a way of life!
Any ill effects of mixing a BT45 on the rear with a ME880 on the front of my 85 K100RT?

I need a new rear tire and would like to try the BT45. Cost is a major reason to switch brands.

I have wore out the rear ME880 in about 6500 miles, which isn't so bad, considering I ride two up all the time. But, it appears the BT45 is about 80 bucks cheaper, and Im guessing about the same tire life.

There shouldn't be a problem mixing those tires.

You will probably experience better handling and more linear turn-in due to the larger crown radius of the Bridgestone.

But I would think you will get worse tread wear mileage due to the softer compound of the Bridgestone. Even though the Bridgestone is a dual compound tire, it is only available as a V rated tire in the correct size. I believe these tires are softer.

I get about 3500 out of a rear BT45V 130/90-17. But the majority of my riding is in the twisties ans I ride very aggressively. But they sure do stick!:thumb

:dance:dance

Last edited:
Back