• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Pinstriping like a BOSS

He's painting Royal Enfield bikes. They actually have a suprisingly modern operation. Electric lighting, indoor plumbing the works j/k it really is modern.

That's both artistry and craftsmanship. That is exactly like they way they used to do it with the BMWs when they came with that pinstriping.
It dresses up a bike or car real nice.
dc

Fairing Striping

Had my striping done in Wisconsin, good ol' USA.

Attachments

• Fairing Striping.jpg
    Fairing Striping.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 171
That's both artistry and craftsmanship. That is exactly like they way they used to do it with the BMWs when they came with that pinstriping.
It dresses up a bike or car real nice.
dc
Actually - BMW still does it the same way. When I was first looking at the '07 (and '08, '09) "Classic" R1200R - there was a video around showing the ladies in Berlin hand-pinstriping the tanks. Still done by hand, but the improvement over the old way it was done - it's clear-coated after the pinstripe is done. So it won't polish out (as I've done on older BMWs.)

There are a few chaps I've seen at national rallies who have equal skills.. what always amazes me is HOW easy it looks when they do it, and you just know - it's only easy because of years of practice.

In watching the video again, I notice that he is not doing this freehand, there is a pattern that has already been put on the tank and he follows it.
Regardless, I would have gone off the line he is following within the first few inches.

Back