• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Lowered Wilber Shocks

sloride

Took some pics while down to Edgewater Fl having my 40mm lowered ESA shocks put on by Herman Eshuis . He's a very conscientious businessman and excellant mechanic

20121004_173750.jpg
[/IMG].

20121004_164709.jpg

20121004_165538.jpg

I used Wilbers to lower my bike 3 inches and love them

I lowered my bike by 3 inches using Wilber shocks several years ago and have been very pleased with the results. The only negative consideration is that I scrap my bash plate when riding off road. Me and a buddy of mine both rode our 2005 r1200gs to Colorado in 2006. We used a jeep trial to cross over one of the mountain passes outside of Silverton. I bottomed out so often that I tore my stock bash plate off and flattened one of my exhaust pipes.
But it sure is nice to to be flat footed on my bike.

I'm enjoying the lowered RT. The Wilber shocks are so much smoother than stock.

The good = bike seems to handle the road better especially in the turns . The front end seems much more planted.

The bad = of course is the loss of lean angle. But I can live with that

+1 for Hermann. I just swapped my R1200R ESA shocks for Wilber's ESA, but stock ride height. What a difference! Hermann received my old shocks, attached the Wilber's custom bits to the old ESA housing, and took it back to UPS in less than a day. (The Wilber's bodies took three weeks to come from Germany before all that, though.) Great guy.

I paid an extra $100 and had the springs powder coated black.

Cheers, Tom

Back