• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Battery Charger OK

bandman

I have a BMW Advanced Battery Charger designed for Gel/Lead Acid. I switched over to the Odessey PC 680. Can I use this charger for this battery? It says "Programed for gel batteries but is it ok for this oddessey 680 dry cell? I have these batteries in both my K1200RS and the K1200LT.

charger

Seems as though this BMW advanced charging system is not good for the Odessy dry charged battery. A regular charger would work fine as long as one does not over charge the battery. I used the Bmw charger to charge the Odessey and after 5 charges, the battery would not hold it's charge. This happened at 2 years and 5 months. Just after the warranty was up. I ordered an Odessey charger for the battery.

Back