• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2001 k1200rs abs brake bleeding

dksta46

I have a friend that needs a front brake line replaced and I'm not sure how to bleed the brakes on this 2001 k1200rs with abs. I can do my 2009 r1200 gs. I only see two bleeder valves on the abs servo ( front /rear ). I have the special funnel. I just need the procedure to bleed the lines. Thank you to all that respond to this thread.

I believe on the 01 model that you don't have the new servo system. I just bled my rear brake and used a regular vacuum hand pump to pull the fluid through.... I was doing my 24,000 mile maintenance schedule, but didn't have to do the front because it had just been done due to a hose failure just prior ( a couple of days) before I bought the bike....(yea) It appears that on my front, there is one bleeder on the left side caliper, but not on the right. I inquired at the dealer, (parts counter) and the response that I received was that it the bleeding was only done on the left caliper, but my Climers manual shows both being bled, which I think is correct. At any rate, I would use my old hand vacuum bleeder to bleed them.....Good luck....

Back