• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Motorcycle Owners of GeorgiaÔÇÖs Iron Horse Lodge Overnighter

r100rt_mark

Club President
Just a reminder that it is the BMW Motorcycle Owners of Georgia’s Iron Horse Lodge overnighter this weekend (Saturday/Sunday October 13/14). Here’s the link to the club's forum postings: http://www.bmwmoga.info/forum/showthread.php?t=3160

If you are in the Atlanta area and thinking about your riding options this weekend around organized events, it is pretty safe to say that heading to Iron Horse Lodge in the Stecoah/Robbinsville, North Carolina, area and using in it as a base to ride around the Deals Gap and the Cherohala Skyway is going to be more interesting than anything you’ll find around Birmingham………….

Last edited:
Just a reminder that it is the BMW Motorcycle Owners of GeorgiaÔÇÖs Iron Horse Lodge overnighter this weekend (Saturday/Sunday October 13/14). HereÔÇÖs the link to the club's forum postings: http://www.bmwmoga.info/forum/showthread.php?t=3160

If you are in the Atlanta area and thinking about your riding options this weekend around organized events, it is pretty safe to say that heading to Iron Horse Lodge in the Stecoah/Robbinsville, North Carolina, area and using in it as a base to ride around the Deals Gap and the Cherohala Skyway is going to be more interesting in the than anything youll find around Birmingham.

Racing, old bikes and needed parts are all part of the enjoyment of motorcycling. Don't be a hater.:stick

Racing, old bikes and needed parts are all part of the enjoyment of motorcycling. Don't be a hater.:stick

Did not say it well, meant to say "more interesting roads than youll find around Birmingham"

I do not think I have ever come away from Birmingham with less bikes/bike stuff than I went with - less temptations riding in the mountains......

...less temptations riding in the mountains......

nice two-step, Mark!

Unfortunately, my son is getting married tomorrow, and I'll be riding over to Barber at oh-dark-thirty on Sunday.

IMG6872-L.jpg

Ian

From about 38 miles due north of Atlanta, you can pretty much ride all the way to Deal's Gap and back without hitting an interstate or major highway. Excellent ride.

Iron Horse with the BMWMOGA this weekend was great weekend. Runs included Cherohala Skyway West to East on Friday; Wayah Rd West to East on Saturday; NC 28 south to Franklin and then US 441 etc back to Atlanta Sunday. Perfect temperatures. Dry camping at a great site ÔÇô Iron Horse is a nice facility and the BMWMOGA camaraderie just added to the fun. Logged 475 miles total and 38.4 mpg on my 1994 R100RT. Put it on the calendar for next year if you get the chance.

Back