• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Repair manual- 2006 1150R

Publishing economics. A manual that includes the 2005 model must have been issued sometime after the publisher saw that the 2005 bike was the same (or similar enough) as the 1150R's previous years and could be included in the same book. Then when the R1200R appeared as an '07 model, the publisher likely didn't think it worthwhile to reprint the prior manual (now addressing a non-current bike) to include the 2006 bikes.

I was thinking the same reason as mentioned..and then thought a 2006 1150 as well?:scratch

I guess Canada had them until then...most I see are late model '04's in the States

Production: 03/00-02/06 USA - from MAX's parts fiche header

Moved this over to Oilheads as well and added the year/model to title :wave

Checking your VIN number sometimes shows the bike was produced in one year, sold in the following. Forever after the title shows it's registration year and not the production year.

I have a 1982 R80G/S that was actually made in March 1981, first year for the G/S officially. They made some in 1980 too. But they did not sell very well in 81 so dealers were stuck with them. Until BMW ran one in the Dakar rally... and then they sold real well! :german

Back