• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

booster plug installation r1200r

Thanks for the input. I think I will pick one up. I too have a 2011 RT so was interested in what you thought. Instead of a Remus I have an Akrapovic that I have taken the baffles out. I will let you know what I think of it.

8074930770_b84ed2a540_c.jpg
In answer to the Q in your title, possibly -- if I read that photo correctly, you have the BP air temp sensor just in front of/above the rear fender. Most times I would believe this to be ok, but when stationary the heat from the catalytic converter might cause false high readings.

If I get one of these for my '12 RT, I'll have the sensor in the intake air path somewhere (I have to say, putting it into the back of the airbox above is a quite slick idea!).

i doubt that moving it around would change things much. i dunno
I have a BP installed on my R with the temp sensor zip tied to the left side of the fuel canister.It's in clean air all the time.

I have the same performance results as you do..... better idle..... take off at lower RPMs but other than that no real noticeable difference.

Last edited:
Love the booster plug

:wow I have had the booster plug installed for about five days now. It took 15 minutes to put in and I am so pleased with the results. A+++ I have an R1200 gs and it had made a big difference. I read on a lot of different forums about mpg's to be frank i would sacrifice 3-5 mpg's for what this simple plug has done

Back