• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where to cut in a fuse on a /5

S

stucknarut

My new /5 is one of the early pre-fuse models. Any thoughts on the best wire/spot to add an inline fuse? The fused bike diagram shows two of them, would rather stick with one for simplicity, and put under the seat by preference. Maybe with a fuse block so I can add 12V devices later.

My new /5 is one of the early pre-fuse models. Any thoughts on the best wire/spot to add an inline fuse? The fused bike diagram shows two of them, would rather stick with one for simplicity, and put under the seat by preference. Maybe with a fuse block so I can add 12V devices later.

One for the gray wire and one for the green wire. This covers the lights and anything that is affected by the ignition being on.

One for the gray wire and one for the green wire.

Which are the two wire "fused" on the later /5 From terminal #15 (green) and terminal #58 (grey) on the main switch board.

From a purely K.I.S.S. point of view, I think I'd fuse the green and grey, and add another circuit for "other" apps. That way the bikes electrical circuits remain intact, any subsequent problems with "other" apps will not affect the machine and will more easily located.

just my $.02USD

Back