• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hats Off !

acejones

Hats off to two BMW Anonymous members ! Yesterday (Friday) ,I had a valve stem come apart on I-10. I had stopped at exit 258 to get fuel and breakfast. I was on a trip from Key West to Diamond head, MS and had just left Gainesville a little earlier. After determining that the loss of air in the front tire was due to a valve stem coming apart, I contacted Phil Roddenberry in Live Oak, Fl and Binkley in the Tallahassee area.Both went to work trying to help find a resolution . Phil was able to drive over with a trailer and ended up hauling my bike to a Honda dealer in lake City. They got me back on the road in an hour. Even though I lost about five hours, I still got home a little after dark, having covered about 530 miles. It was a long day, but if these two BMWMOA members hadn't stepped up to the plate it would have been longer.

Thanks guys !!!!!

Dennis

Darryl,
I would be happy to do so, except there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to do it. I have looked on the site a d found info about the award and past recipients. Of course it isn't current and there is no mention of how to recommend someone.
Any ideas ? Oh yeah; why isn't the site current ?

Dennis Jones

Darryl,
I would be happy to do so, except there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to do it. I have looked on the site a d found info about the award and past recipients. Of course it isn't current.
Any ideas ? Oh yeah; why isn't the site current ?

Dennis Jones

Send an email to Ray Zimmerman (rayz@bmwmoa.org) with the particulars.

He will take care of it.

Thanks Jerry,
I was really glad to finally get home. The first day (500) miles was spent mostly in rain which h of course had its tedious moments. The second day, I wasted five hours getting rescued, repaired, and back on the road. But I did get home safely, and I did meet some very nice, and helpful people;
Binkley on the phone, Phil face to face, and the efficient and helpful people at the Honda dealer in Lake City, FL.
Now for a little rant. It seems to me that if BMWMOA was truly interested in recognizing good deeds, Helping Hands, etc., then I would be able to submit that on the BMWMOA website. Instead I am expected to send an email explaining who I want to recognize and why to someone that doesn't like E-mail and may not even confirm getting said E-mail. Does anyone else think this is a rediculous way to do this ?

Thanks Jerry,
I was really glad to finally get home. The first day (500) miles was spent mostly in rain which h of course had its tedious moments. The second day, I wasted five hours getting rescued, repaired, and back on the road. But I did get home safely, and I did meet some very nice, and helpful people;
Binkley on the phone, Phil face to face, and the efficient and helpful people at the Honda dealer in Lake City, FL.
Now for a little rant. It seems to me that if BMWMOA was truly interested in recognizing good deeds, Helping Hands, etc., then I would be able to submit that on the BMWMOA website. Instead I am expected to send an email explaining who I want to recognize and why to someone that doesn't like E-mail and may not even confirm getting said E-mail. Does anyone else think this is a rediculous way to do this ?

Agree 100%, Seems wrong and stupid!

Yeah, all I really wanted to do was publicly recognize two nice guys who went out of their way to help me and to let people know that the anonymous list is a valuable resource.
I'm not going any further with this because the process is designed to defeat.

Anyway, Binkley in Tallahassee and Phil Roddenberry in Live Oak are first class guys in my book.

There's an old adage that says no good deed goes unpunished. I guess recognizing a good deed has its own punishment too. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize those who took the time to help you.

Instead I am expected to send an email explaining who I want to recognize and why to someone that doesn't like E-mail and may not even confirm getting said E-mail. Does anyone else think this is a rediculous way to do this ?

We could have a thread in the Clubhouse section of the forum.

There is also a contact us link in the persistent navigation on our site. Our phone number is also listed

I bet if you called or wrote, anyone at the office would know exactly what to do with what you told them.

That said, it would be nice to have a section on the site about Helping Hand stories. We used to.... :whistle

http://web.archive.org/web/20031008183010/http://www.bmwmoa.org/service/helpinghandawards.htm

Ian

We could have a thread in the Clubhouse section of the forum.

There is also a contact us link in the persistent navigation on our site. Our phone number is also listed

I bet if you called or wrote, anyone at the office would know exactly what to do with what you told them.

That said, it would be nice to have a section on the site about Helping Hand stories. We used to.... :whistle

http://web.archive.org/web/20031008183010/http://www.bmwmoa.org/service/helpinghandawards.htm

Ian

Yeah,
Used to until some computer genius administrator decided he/she had a better way.

Back